Sunday, August 23, 2009

Scan for Smiles

Just  like when I was a software rep... I've gotta pass along some great tech info (don't fall asleep).  If you are looking for a new printer/scanner/all in one I learned all about one yesterday and bought the new: Epson Workforce 600.

I've been waiting for years to be able to scan family history documents quickly and in a format that is easily shared with others.  The day has come, and I'm now sounding a little more nerdy that I actually am.  This printer is great and surpassed my long list of "must be able to do".  You can easily scan legal sized pages, has a multiple page feeder, print duplex, prints color borderless (or bleed), crosses OS platforms, prints directly from camera memory card, handles color and b&w like a dream with high dpi.   It can scan directly into Adobe PDF (with text search), is super fast scanning and print as fast as a laser printer. WiFi is an option for this as well.  You can snag this on sale for less that $200 and it is "Marci approved".  The poor guy who talked with the Epson rep at the store after me simply asked, "will it print directly on an envelope?"