Remember the old days with Bo & Luke Duke running after the car and jumping effortlessly into the open passenger window? Well, that's how I've felt lately...trying to catch up to the moving car. So, I've neglected my blog (and my laundry) but that doesn't mean I don't care about my family & friends...or wearing clean clothes!!
Things have been a little crazy lately. It's been a good crazy. I got to celebrate my 40th birthday with a 80's flashback party (yes, of course there was music and dancing; but no Molly Ringwald). Hopefully I have some pictures to show you sometime soon. It was so much fun and seeing how everyone dressed in the 1980's well I say, "It's time to bring those styles back, legwarmers and all!" Being "For-tay" is going pretty well.
Can you stand more good news: we got a new car! I figured that during our 11 years of marriage; about 7 years has been with one car. Yes, you can easily have one car if one of the drivers enjoys cycling and commuting to work. Oh, and if you have mostly great cycling weather where you live. Oh, and you don't mind dropping everything to pick up the stranded cyclist when a tire blows out. Scott is very happy and well I feel like being committed to one less person's whereabouts is one less thing to worry about. I guess it's all a part of growing up.
Scott's mom was able to come out recently and we enjoyed going to the beach over Memorial Day with her (and a few hundred of strangers). It was so much fun watching her playing in the waves with the kids. Scott even tried his hand at boogie boarding. As for me, well I spend my time at the beach jumping waves and eating all the snacks. Now that's what I call fun in the sun.