I've got a full mind, so of course instead of calling up everyone...I decided to call a special meeting on my blog to blurt out all the goings on. There have been things that are changing, children growing up, home sales not moving, surprising funeral to attend, hearts to heal, and watching things work their way out that I can't control. It's been good.
I must start out with the wonderful news that will embarrass my pre-teen. He's the one in the BYU t-shirt with a big smile. Jacob has turned 12 years old and around here...that is VERY big news. He's much more calm and collected than I am. He handles himself "cool" under pressure, and likes to be independent. My favorite statement from him "I GOT this mom, you don't need to be over protective". This past Sunday was a memorable one. It was his 12th birthday and a few nights before, he had invited several new friends (who are also "cool") to do a little bowling and pizza. I was amazed that when I told him that his younger brother and sister would be joining the bowling crew, he was fine with that. Believe me, I wish I could take credit for the lessons he has learned. We had a great time bowling and seeing him interact with his new friends. Then, Sunday was our ward Primary program. I mentioned to Jacob a few weeks ago that he's in Primary, until he's out of Primary. So since the primary program occurred on his birthday...he got to be involved one more time. He has "got" this one covered too and handled his part with grace and poise. He was able to be ordained to the office of a Deacon who holds the Aaronic Priesthood (the Power of God given to worthy men). I'm so proud of him and am grateful to be learning from him. Jacob, you have got "this, that, and the other".


