Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Golf: tee plus three

Magic Soda machine, nothing to do with golf.

Scott goes for the putt

Sperry all ready to get crack'n


Scott in action, whoa that's manly!

Carter for the wind up

Carter just as a pro in mid-shot

Follow thru and lets it fly

Extra bonus points for a dad who makes time and takes time with our kids
At the start of summer, Carter had golf lessons for 1 week.  He loved it and his class included a golf pass on the par 3 course for himself and his family for the rest of the season.  Scott and Carter would meet at the course several times a month and sometimes Jacob would go, sometimes Sperry.  I was the "driver for drop off".  I love hearing all the adventures that they go on with Scott.

The best part of the story is the golf clubs we scored during the garage sales early summer.  I got Carter a great bag, shoes (which were my size), nice set of clubs for about $30.  Scott decided to go unattended (which won't happen again) to find him some clubs during the big neighborhood sale day.  He came home with a retro 80's ugly bag that has bright fushia and a teal colors on it.  The clubs are just as old and normally I'm not a snob, but this stuff that probably came out the year before they upgraded the style from the '60s is stuff that I can't bring myself to use.  My plan: break out the clubs in the summer neighborhood garage sale, try to recoupe a fraction of my money and get some clubs that are at least made within the last 20 years.