Monday, February 03, 2014

rainy day wishes

My rainy day wishes notebook continues.  I keep these ideas for whenever the mood coincides with funding and energy to do it.  So, it's my rainy day wish, not "I'm in a rush and I know this will be up and running this month"..  It's a sanity thing, just roll with the ideas till you feel it's all aligned.

Thinking of how much I love this house. I love the floor plan and the dark wood floors. I love the thought of my tile project being complete in the family room.  And now I turn my ideas over...
the kitchen:
I love the mix of cream cabinets with a toss in of another color.  I'd keep my island/sink and dishwasher area neutral cream. But put the accent maybe in the cabinets by the ovens and above the fridge. Everything else would be a warm cream. kinda like this...


And in the dining room, a different way to display family china and family history items. (all photos from houzz)



surrounding large picture