Sunday, February 01, 2015

Carter's stealth mode

Last week before the start of school for the day, I was checking Sperry and Carter to make sure they were getting ready.  Normally Carter does a great job with this... but on this day, I found him laying in bed READING. 

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing my kids reading.  But come on, before school? I didn't think there was any time for this.  So I said, "Carter, reading is the LAST thing you should be doing right now!"  He looked up at me and I noticed that he was reading from the Book of Mormon.  I instantly had to correct myself, "Carter, looks like you know what you have to do to prepare for the day.  This is the BEST thing you could be doing right now."

Sometimes, your kids know what is best. Sometimes, they don't need your prodding. Sometimes, they are preparing themselves to be better people.

Here's Carter and Scott up skiing and smiling. Love these two.