Friday, April 24, 2015
More Moab: Spring Break
Moab was a beautiful place to visit. We went a few weeks before their busy season, because we are not crowd people and because that is when our spring break was scheduled. Let me tell you, that place is compact but filled with beauty. Best of all was when we were all able to hike to the arch. The hike was really challenging for me while fighting this walking pnemonia, but seemed a breeze for the kids. We arrived at the arch just as the sun was cresting and changing the colors of the red rocks.
Scott, Jacob and Carter took slick rock like champs. That course is not an easy one, I've tried it a long... long... long time ago and I was amazed that the boys loved every minute of it. They were in their element: outdoors, mountain bikes, and snacks (oh, I mean being with their tour guide Dad). Family trips to create memories is what were are all about. These days, with the kids getting so much older and busier, I really value these times of just hanging out and enjoying nature. What a beautiful world God has for us.