Monday, October 23, 2023

Jacob: Mr 24

Mr 24
Happy birthday Jacob Sargent, our oldest.

You know what I love about you? I love that you will find little ways to show someone you care about them. You quietly look out for the underdog, you love those who need to be seen, you help those who feel stuck, and you support your wife with every step. Anyone who knows you loves your sense of humor!! You have a quiet confidence that comes from daily finding a connection with Christ. You are smart and funny and have great taste in clothes, music and music. I watch as you support your adorable wife and share adventures together. You've had more adventures this year than I got to a grocery store! I mean who else camps outside of vegas with random donkeys on their way to CA? Pure adventurer. You make things a little better: you will sew a patch on your hat with your scouting skills. You bring the party, dance whenever you want to and you don't cares who's watching. You jump into things with your WHOLE heart. And don't get me started about your ability to thrift, to a new level. You will try new things like finishing a trail running ultra marathon. You don't want to stop the learning and getting a master's degree, that comes with a lot of new things! You get people going like starting a run club for students in Info Systems. AND I love how we share the habit of being too excited to wait to give or get gifts! Surprises are hard, but with Kamryn's help I know you can brake the habit I taught you (LOL). I love you. Go get all 24'd about life. It's ok if you have already eaten all the candy I sent you. Move forward with God and you will feel peace as the pieces of life continue to fit together. LOVE YOU!!