Saturday, August 30, 2008

Recycling...old to new

New School Year... Jacob and Carter have started school and love it! I guess that they are BIG independent kids. I did not walk them into the school yard and they didn't want me to. I was lucky to get this picture. Carter 2nd Grader (on the left) and Jacob is now a 4th grader. Good luck boys, I love you MUCHO!
New Gardeners...
It seems like only yesterday I was in the large backyard cutting hoses and TV cables with our rider mower. Now, I pass the torch to Jacob (age 8) and Carter (age 7). They are doing a great job and I hope they don't cut up as many things as I did. Scott is a great trainer and it's cute to see them in safety goggles and wearing shoes (no toes lost yet).
New Ballet dancer... I was cleaning out my keepsake box and found my toe shoes. Sperry was very interested and I put them on her feet. She was a natural (probably as good as I'll ever be) and had to change to her dance leotard to make the outfit complete.
Old to me, new to them..."it's art" I found a few things that I drew in Elementary school when I was a kid. It was so funny that I could still remember drawing some of the pictures. My kids help to keep things in perspective, as always. I showed them a few things, they laughed out loud poking fun at my images and then they soon lost interest. It helped me to realize that they won't want a lot of "moms" drawings; they will want their own. So I was able to keep the select few and the rest are to be recycled (literally).