Monday, December 01, 2008

Carter Greetings

Carter, age 7:"Ring around the Rosies…that's a PG-13 game.” How did you get that Carter? “Well, Rosies…they have thorns, posies..that's a disease, ashes well that's when you die." Carter said one morning to me, "When we are 17, then we can fix you breakfast all by ourselves, mom. We could bring it while you are sleeping." I asked why I had to wait for them to turn 17. Carter replied, "Mom, we don't know how to make waffles yet." “Ghosts candy and screaming?? OOhh perfect for Halloween. Let's go there!!” We were at the library and Jacob wanted to finish reading a book. "My teacher read the ending at school; but I missed it because I came home with a Terrible Headache". Carter came up at the end of the conversation and asked, "Where is the book called 'Terrible Headache'?" Carter & Sperry were playing and I overheard Carter say, "But, I'm your best teenager!". Sperry told him that he was NOT a teenager and Carter replied, "Can I be half the age of a teenager?" Carter was writing a story called, "two funny friends". There were two mean boys who decided to be funny. They tried to be funny all day long. At the end of the day one said, "We are funny looking." What Carter meant was that they had been funny all day long, but I thought it was hilarious just how he had written it. "I am excited to go to high school. It will be hard because of all the homework, but you get to be a teenager!" Carter said to me one day. "When are we going to get a PlayStation or a Wii? We will be really good and not play it all the time."