Earlier this week was my Dad's birthday. This year I realized it had been 20 years since he passed on. I still feel close to him and am grateful to know that life continues after our time on earth. I know I will see him again and that we can always be a family; now that's great news.
He will always be my Dad. He will always be involved and care for our family.
He will always be my Dad. He will always be involved and care for our family.
One day I will, face to face, be able thank him, embrace him, and tell him how grateful I am that he knew Daddy's make a difference. He is a funny, crazy, spiritual, draw-people-to-you kind of guy with a love of the outdoors, traveling, and a well manicured lawn. Don't ask the number of hours I spent mowing the lawn growing up; my tan legs and green feet were proof enough. (hint: don't mow grass in sandals, even if they are from France).
I miss that wonderful storyteller with the "Lo and Behold" endings. In this picture, my Dad is Bob on the right side of his older brothers Lynn and Dean. In his family, his 3 brothers and his parents are having the big reunion in heaven. My aunt Nell, his only living sibling, came to California for a visit. She told me many stories of my Dad I had never heard before (yikes, he loved playing practical jokes). I'm so grateful she and Reid took the time to give me a little gift of my Dad's memories before his birthday. I also got to talk with my friend & cousin Bam on a recent trip to Utah. His dad, Dean, was the latest addition to the reunion in heaven. It was so nice to talk with him and get another gift of my dad (and thanks Kelly and Aunt Claudia for a copy of Uncle Dean's funeral, I heart you too.
I miss that wonderful storyteller with the "Lo and Behold" endings. In this picture, my Dad is Bob on the right side of his older brothers Lynn and Dean. In his family, his 3 brothers and his parents are having the big reunion in heaven. My aunt Nell, his only living sibling, came to California for a visit. She told me many stories of my Dad I had never heard before (yikes, he loved playing practical jokes). I'm so grateful she and Reid took the time to give me a little gift of my Dad's memories before his birthday. I also got to talk with my friend & cousin Bam on a recent trip to Utah. His dad, Dean, was the latest addition to the reunion in heaven. It was so nice to talk with him and get another gift of my dad (and thanks Kelly and Aunt Claudia for a copy of Uncle Dean's funeral, I heart you too.
This is one of my favorite video clips. Daddy's make a difference; no matter where they live, in earth or in heaven. (hint: get a tissue).
