Jacob was assigned to write a report about someone that he knew. He chose me, his momma. I have a few theories on why I was able to shine in the spotlight amidst all candidates. I was home, I was able to give quick stories without a lot of effort or research on his part, and I was a willing participant. Here's the best life story (also, my first life story) written of me.
"My Mom
My mom had an amazing and crazy life. Our story now begins in a little town called Alpine Utah. My mom grew up with two sisters and two brothers. They lived in a house with a huge lawn which had a graveyard right by it.
Now, we move on to what my mom did. She mowed the lawn with one of those riding mowers and then had to do her siblings chores. Once my mom woke up with my Grandpa shaking her. He said that they had a horse in their yard, my mom was thrilled because she thought he got it for her. Then it turns out that it jsut somehow wandered into their yard. My Grandpa gave her the simple insturctions of riding the horse bare-backed to find the owner, so that's what she did. Then there was a problem. The horse began to gallop faster and faster until she fell off on the rocks, which hurt. Later my Grandpa come on his motorcycle asked where the horse went and sped off leaving my mom to hobble toward home when my Grandma came to pick her up.
This is why I think my mom had the best and craziest life ever. Some of the reasons supporting this had to do with getting hit by a motorcycle, finding a baby bird and watching to see if it's mom gets it, growing impatient and abandoning the bird. Those are some of the reasons."
Now, doesn't that make you want to run and tell your kids some of your childhood stories? Of course I left out the really crazy stuff until he's older. I also told him about camping trips, fishing and meeting the crab in the river, running out of an abandoned scary house, mowing the lawn, candy tosses, hiking, walking to the market for powdered jelly filled doughnuts, my baptism day...well you get the picture. They remember what a portion and write about even less. Still, when he's ready for his next installment of "my life" I'll be hear ready!! Gotta love my kids!