This is the story of "Mr Swim" aka Jacob.
Last year I told Jacob that he had passed all the swim courses and so he didn't have to take another swim class. I noticed there was a swim team that he could participate in and tried for a few weeks to talk him into it. He was NOT interested and reminded me that he had passed the swim classes.
After watching the swim team practice while he was at the pool for Carter & Sperry's lessons, he told me that he would like to try it. They have him swimming laps for 45 minutes...and he said that it was FUN. I am so happy and he is doing great! During the meets, they have to dive from the starters block (or whatever you call it for swimming). He's trying a lot of new things this year, and enjoying it. HOOORAY.
And, they swam happily ever after...the end.
Jacob is doing the breaststroke during a race... see that determination through his goggles!!