We have had a whirlwind summer so far...
We were able to go to Utah and see all the cousins and Grandma's. That's always a big highlight to our kids who wish we lived there. Here's some snapshots with some info on what's been happening!!-Fishing in Gooseberry...one of my favorite places to be. It's so quiet, calm and peaceful. Living in So. Cal you begin to wonder if there are any spots that left quiet anymore. We were able to fish (thanks to Quinn who caught all the fish we ate). We had so much fun thanks to Kris & Wade and the 4 wheelers! Aaron, thanks for helping to find a new route to Gooseberry. Now we know that Price is in the wrong direction.
-BBQ in American Fork Canyon. Another one of my favorite spots. Thanks Grammie Sue for always helping us to do the things we love to do! We forgot the spatula, so thanks to some creative eagle scouts (Scott & Brian) we flipped burgers with an old school, rustic wooden spatula (or flat piece of wood). We loved seeing all of our cousins and appreciated Amy, John, Laurel and their clans for driving down to meet us.
-Swimming days are so much better now that all of the kids are pool safe. No more having to monitor their every move in the pool. Now, I can sit and relax...fruit of my labor of driving and all the hours of swim lessons. Quinn, please don't dive where the no diving sign is...we would like to keep you around! Dre's kids were laughing and having a great time. Tatum, thanks for helping Sperry learn about a curling iron, I think she might be ready!
-Salt Lake City: yes, I still love you! We went to see the stars in the Planetarium and have dinner with kids that had run out of steam by the end of the day. It was so cool to see the 2 story thing-a-ma-bob that illustrated cause and effect through steel balls rolling through obstacles. (not the technical name or explanation). That "Chasey Meatball" is a trooper. We love that baby boy. And of course Sperry is in heaven playing with all the girl toys and cousins.
-Puppet show Theater: our kids even got some culture at Kris & Whitney's puppet show. They brought all the supplies, made the impressive theater and whalla...the kids were having a wonderful time for hours. Even when my puppet was getting her curls knocked out of her, behind the curtains I was smiling at the memories being created. Gavin, nice idea with the "cars" slipper becoming a car for the sock puppet!
-Sunday I ran into one of my dear friends, Laura Bunker. She's still so much fun and I love her personality! I could have chatted with her for hours. It was nice to meet her kids again, they've grown so much...and of course see her hubby Dave too. I wish I got a picture, but not even Laura who is a photographer, brings a camera with them to church.
-Another thing the kids got to do was to Hike Timpanogos and go through the cave. I sat this one out, but Scott being on the ball, took kids and photos. I was so happy they got to see this. The pizza party was so fun as well.
-More cousin time with BBQ's and playing in the backyards it's no wonder we love our families and are so happy to come up and spend time every year with them.
Picture Story: