
Are U-in?? Ok, I think only my husband knows THIS secret of mine, but as I saw this picture today I had to share this. I am a trucker girl at heart. I've got a secret obsession with old, restored trucks. I don't know why: it might be nostalgic, it might be a desire to turn our focus to good old fashioned values, or it might be the appreciation of something that is still running after all these years.
Growing up, we had an old truck that held our "piggyback" camper. I loved the days of when it was our little getaway, just for us kids. We would play cards, hang out in the hammock and take snacks to devour. We only took it camping a few times, but in my opinion it paid for itself when it was on our yard. I've always thought they looked cool and loved the new paint jobs that brought new life into these old cars. Lovingly restored with white walls and all. This is a note of encouragement...my wish for you is to
"keep on truckin". Going forward on the difficult days, appreciating those little moments that will soon age, appreciating things restored. Now you are in the "trucker" club, welcome.
Here's an inspirational clip from Kevin Pearce who rivaled Shaun White in Winter X games. He is on the road to recovery and was just released from the hospital. Kevin, "keep on truckin". (my new slogan is taken from this... u-in).
Then...
Now...