Saturday, January 15, 2011

Thanksgiving and Scott's 40th

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun having Scott's mom, the Missionaries and our great neighbors, the Suitts over. Scott once again won "top chef" at our house cooking the Turkey in the smoker with a fresh herbs rub and we also have tri tip which is a local favorite. The kids made jello and the rest was just a buffet of yummy food galore. No wonder people love Thanksgiving...I've been carrying around my "thanks for great food" through the rest of the holidays.
Thanksgiving at our house

A few days after Thanksgiving, we celebrated Scott's 40th birthday bash.  Since I've had experience with this turning 40 thing last year, I decided that we needed to really treat Scott to some of his favorites.  So, he and Wayne went to the velodrome to learn how to ride on a fixed speed bike without brakes on a oval track with steep sides on it.  Leave it to Scott to want to include something about cycling for his celebration. He loved it and came home talking about visiting there again.  I think I'll stay in the stadium seating and be a spectator. After his riding class, we had a group of friends over for Red's BBQ and an ice cream sundae bar.  Scott, hope you feel loved during your adventurous day!!  Thanks for being my best friend and a wonderful husband and father. You bless our lives daily.