Wednesday, November 02, 2011
Loving Tribute to Greg
Gregory Louis Goheen,
Join us in celebrating the life and times of Gregory Louis Goheen June 19, 1971 – October 7, 2011.
Loving son of Penny Buchan and Frank and Stella Goheen. Dre’s amazing boyfriend and husband. And to their children, he will always be Gabriel’s (7) best friend,and Jordan’s (6) nail painter.
He is my brother in law and today I have to share my heart about him, his cute and heroic little family, and the things I have learned from them. My sister Andrea met Greg and we all just thought, "Hey this guy can handle this spicy gal." I was impressed right from the get go. Greg's the strong silent type, he speaks when he needs to. And when he shares, you will want to listen. He and Andrea are such a great match for each other. They both loved to cook, and I'm talking gourmet cooking. They put me to shame (but I happily ate everything they made).
Greg, you learned how to get answers from God. You were baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and held the Priesthood. I am so grateful that I was there to witness your baptism. Even during that time, your body was often in too much pain to bear. When you were baptized, it took both my brothers, Quinn and Aaron to help you lower your body for complete immersion. That day you taught me that you will find a way to do the difficult to achieve something you want.
I could relate to you because you had chronic pain (much greater than mine). You were learning how to adjust to the things you could do, and not doing all that you wanted to do. But somehow through it all you remained a powerful presence in your family. Your kids adore you, and always will. Andy always found strength through your support. I have learned that even when you are complete with your work here on the earth, you remain a powerful influence in the lives of your family. Somehow once again you will be given errands to support your wife and children as they forge ahead with heavy hearts, missing you. I have never seen so much strength in my sister Andy. I know she will continue to feel of your love and support. You are missed. I am still so surprised of your passing. Thank you for teaching me how to love and support others during the physical roller coaster. You have completed the things you had to do here on this earth, and have been joined by those who love you and have already passed. Thank you for being a part of our family.
Some were asking me how to donate helping this sweet family.
