Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Waiting game...chapter eight


Once again it's snowing here. These storms have dropped over 12" during a 12 hour period. I see the trees on our yard that are loaded with leaves, and the additional snow has brought some of them to their breaking point.  Some days, I feel a lot like those trees: not shedding leaves from the previous season, moving quickly into another season, feeling a little caught off guard, or unprepared.  During these times, I get weighed down in the "heavy weight" of small things. I worry about my house not selling, it's been a little over 2 months without a written offer.  Every once in a while, my branches heavy with worry and stress.

Even during these times, I allow one day of "heavy snow" and the next day I forge ahead, finding courage and daring the sun to come. Even out here in Colorado, after each deep snowfall, the sun has appeared the next day helping the branches to wear their new load with beauty. I have found comfort and peace during our little storm season and realize it is only a test to remain faithful when I see no end in sight.  We have been promised that all will work out, not to worry, and to write of this experience.  I can't have my writings complete without sharing the days of deep snowfall. Even on these days, there are things that help to sustain.  A husband who is a whiz at numbers and helps me to understand how long we can sustain financially cost of two homes.  Kids who are amazing during this time of forgoing allowances (albeit small) and realizing on their own how they can contribute. Friends who will listen to my complains. And prayers and times to be humbled while we watch for our miracle. Being still and knowing that God is there for each of us. It's just the season for snow; even in winter the sun shines brightly.