Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Missed Mucho

Oh wait, I have to record the things we do...how else will I be able to prove to my kids that they had a fun childhood and that they should have less baggage than most.

I could start talking about how I have found a new Dr out here for my fibro and pain and things are going sooo well.  I do little IV therapy weekly to keep me from getting too weakly. I'm liking it and I am able to do more things. Which makes me so happy.  I tell Scott that sometimes he lives with a wife with 2 personalities: fatigued and boring (snooze), and on the other half as a fun, creative active person who likes to do things (non-snooze)!

I could tell about last week when we went on a family bike ride neglecting the weather forecast. We gotta pay attention to the weather mo' bettar! A storm rolls in almost each afternoon with rain and lightning. I am not used to this, but everyone tells me that is "spring".  So we load up the bikes and drive a little for an easy dirt path experience. It's fun, we are laughing and it's cool weather.  Then, the wind kicks up, the clouds get all angry and send hail down on us.  Sperry and I wanted to cry... we were tired.  But just as pioneers (which I thought I would be a whimpy one), we persevered. I know it was less than 20 minutes in the storm...but I guess we had better plan including the weather next time.

How about the time we went miniature golfing and I got a hole in one! We are into free/cheap outings everyday during summer. After almost 2 weeks of summer we have gone bowling twice, mini golf, 2 for 2 daily bike rides, played at the park, swimming, and are into garage sales.  It's a good thing I'm feeling better.

I feel the need to get a little braggy. So, just forgive this paragraph, but there's a few things of honorable mention.  Did I mention Carter has his arrow of light and we are so proud of him? Did I mention Sperry earned $.70 cents for drawing neighbors as bobble-heads. Did I mention that Jacob is getting ready for football season and his Boy Scout camp (with his handsome scoutmaster, Scott).  What about when Jacob's teacher surprised even Jacob and myself by awarding him the Outstanding Math student award? Carter worked hard and got on the Principal's honor roll. Sperry is an outstanding and wonderful student.  Scott has 2 patents pending.  Did I mention we are planning a trip to Yellowstone and I hope all the bears are hibernating? We are sneaking a Utah trip in too.  Did I tell you we have gotten some crazy deals on outdoor stuff at garage sales: cross country skis/boot/poles for $20 each, great pair of downhill skis for $10, a new 3 man tent $10.  The best deal was a yakima car roof rack w/4 bike attachments. Yep, people out here sure know how to sell stuff that we "need". Now I'm looking for a kayak because I need one with all the small lakes out here.

Sperry as goalie for soccer. She was a super star!!
And did I tell you that we love it out here in Colorado? Did I tell you we love our new friends? Gratitude abounds.