Tuesday, May 20, 2014

More rainy day wishes: a long couch and ring true

Once again, as I feel totally tired and weak... I turn to online shopping.  Not maniac style where it drains every last penny.  This is a place where rainy day wishes are stored, no money has to be spent, and there are no lines or traffic to contend with.  This  is why I like to list my ideas here, it's part journal, part notebook, part list for when it's my rainy day.  But, as I create this list, I wanted to teach about the art of patience.  Look, look, look and sometimes you don't have to look you can just be ready to have a shopping grab fest.  But until you buy, it's a good idea to have a rainy day wish list.

I'm kinda like a "deal tiger", I can patiently stock my prey (item on my rainy day wish list) and wait, wait, wait... then pounce when the deal is in the range I'd like and the timing is good for my checkbook.  It's like paying myself to be patient.  Keep in mind, the average wait time is 2-5 years, but since I don't have a lot of energy right now, that's pretty much perfect timing.

OH CHRISTMAS TREE:  Yesterday, I found the Christmas Tree, 12 feet high, that I have been looking for for the past 2 years.  It was on craigslist, for $150.  That totally beats the prices I saw last Christmas time for $300 to $700 for a new tree that large.  Our old tree is tired, and it's not easy to set up. And Sperry and I get tired of putting the lights on it.  We wanted something easier!  Hopefully tonight Scott and I drive up to pick up the tree, our new addition to Christmas holidays. Because, for me...Christmas is the BIG holiday. The only one I decorate for and the only one I have to get new music for each year.  And whoah, it reads on the add that the tree branches are grouped into 3 large rings to install.  That would make us very happy and we might be able to put up the tree and decorate all in the same event!! Big changes.


FAMILY STYLE SITTING:  This time I finally found a couch that I have been looking for. It's taken me years to find one in a good price range, with great reviews, right color.  I've wanted a sofa that is a curved sectional for about 5 years now.  I want to have a place for everyone to sit and just be cozy.  I'm not sure if one day I will go with the cream or the mocha... but eventually I hope to sit and be happy on it. Right now it's about $2,000... we will patiently wait for the price to go down.
The couch:

http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Riemann_Curved_Tufted_Sectional/
http://lessthanperfectlifeofbliss.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-great-white.html

RINGS TRUE LOVE: Also on the rainy day wish list: a band that goes under my wedding ring.  My wedding ring is something I designed and LOVE it!! Which is a good thing because it goes with me everywhere.  Here's an idea for a matching band to celebrate our several years of labors of love... marriage. This is also something I've wanted for around, 8 years. See, I'm patient.  That's why I list it here, so I can remember...for when it's a rainy day.