Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Black Friday girls day

Maddie and Sperry shop Black Friday
This year, as a family we shopped deals on Thanksgiving night.  We got some great deals and I told Sperry that Friday was her shopping day.  Of course her shopping partner Maddie came with us too.  We started at 7am and shopped for a few hours.  The girls bought some things for them, and even some gifts for others!! It was so fun sharing this tradition with Sperry. As I was reminded several times that she had saved her own money so I didn't need to tell her what she could and couldn't buy. It was HER money.  At one store, they even showed me their shopping list complete with a budget. I knew they would be smart and not spend all their money on gum and candy with that paper!  So much fun with these two girls, always.  The big highlight was when I let them go and shop in the dollar store by themselves.  They came out, with big smiles and even gift bags for their gifts.  Shopping trip, success!