Monday, December 01, 2014

Like Dominos: a sofa set...

Living Room upgrade, yes the table is a piano bench!
When I am not feeling well, I plan things in my mind. I research them on the computer. And I save my money looking for a deal.  Well everything aligned and I was able to upgrade our family room!  A domino affect occurred and we upgraded the basement and changed some things in the living room.  I gave away a sofa, sold a coffee table and smaller TV on craigslist. Then I waited for black Friday so I could upgrade the basement TV and we could set up the Kid Kingdom downstairs.  Still haven't put in carpet in the basement since the flood, but in kid kingdom, the residents seem to care more about a party than carpet. 
So happy with how it turned out!!    

New sofa set, love it! This is our family room.
New sofa set, love it!
In our dining room, I now have an Heirloom table runner, with flowers created by Great Grandma Chana Elizabeth and Grandma Florence Sperry.  Quilted into a table runner by my wonderful friend Elizabeth Steele.
Heirloom table runner, with flowers created by Great Grandma Chana Elizabeth and Grandma Florence Sperry.  Quilted into a table runner by my wonderful friend Elizabeth Steele.
Go ahead and ask Scott how long it took us to move a couch into the basement. Let me just say, it took a noble effort by Scott, Jacob and Carter.  For about 30 minutes, Scott was sure that we would have to get a smaller couch for the basement.  Then, he engineered the situation and found a solution!
 Incidentally, it took less time for Scott to hook up the new black Friday TV and WiiU in the kids kingdom, than it took for him to bring the couch downstairs. But I'm not complaining; it's all put together how I have been envisioning it. New and improved. And of course our basement would not/could not be complete without a spin station (for stationary cycling).