Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hope and Happiness

I was visiting a dear friend in the hospital on Friday. She has an incredible view on gratitude when most people would feel down and defeated. We were talking about gratitude and she expressed that she feels peace, hope and gratitude with the difficult things that lie ahead.

I love that many times we face difficulties it is when we can feel the most gratitude. We see all that has been given. We feel the love of family and friends deeply that sustains us. We learn how to serve others with greater capacity. Within all the things about Thankgiving; it's more than turkey and stuffing. It's about sincerely offering thanks to all who have given you hope.

Let your thanks be echoed not only in words, but in what you do. Radiate hope, peace and gratitude. As Clint Black said, "Love isn't someplace that we fall. It's something that we do".
I'm grateful to be a member of Team BRI.