
Searching for more information about your family tree?? TWO IDEAS for you to try:
- "Chronicling America" click on the link below, you can click on the state, type in a name, and you can find information about those who have gone before. This project is still being updated, right now it chronicles newspapers from the years 1880 to 1922. I got out my family tree and started to look up postings for relatives during that time. I've found some really exciting things. Obituaries, there can be wedding information or even info about their local community. AND it can be saved into pdf format so we can include it other places. The search engine is savvy and quick, the info you are searching for is highlighted on the page, and the area can be "zoomed" in for a better look.
- The Deseret News is in the process of digitizing it's old newspapers. I have found obituaries for several of my family members who have passed. I print out a copy and keep it with my family record. I found my dad's obituary, and Scott found his fathers and his aunt; so I know it goes up to the year 2005 at least.