Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2010 sooner or later

The quote: 
Sooner or later, you start taking yourself seriously.
You know when you need a break. You know when you need a rest.
You know what to get worked up about, and what to get rid of.
And you know when it's time to take care of yourself, for yourself.
To do something that makes you stronger, faster, more complete.
Because you know it's never too late to have a life.
And never too late to change one.
Just do it.


I found this Nike ad about 20 years ago. Back when I enjoyed running, skiing, biking, hiking, laughing, friends, family and dating.
Well, a lot has changed in my life in these past 20 years. For all the changes I am grateful for.  Especially that dating is always with my favorite guy, Mr. 39.  I am grateful that I have the strength and energy to be out of bed, out of the house, and down the street. I am grateful that through weakness I have found strength in the Lord.  I am grateful that I get to be a mom again, involved with my family. Happy to be happy. And, content with the chaos of life.  I'm glad that I found these words that continue to inspire me. Change is good, and a good look at what those changes have brought...even better. Just do it 2010.