Saturday, June 19, 2010

Our resident, "Big Guy"

A special Father's Day tribute to our resident, "big guy".  This title was given by Sperry our youngest when she was even younger. The title still fits and it sticks.  Not only is their father (my hubby) a big guy in stature, but he is also a big guy in heart and soul. 

Here's a few things that helps one achieve "big guy" status:
-Enjoying life, as it comes.  Where would I be without someone quietly keeping me balanced. "It's not that big of a deal" is whispered as one of our kids is doing something.  In my mind I am already 20 steps ahead of the action thinking of what injury might result from this. But, as the whisper comes, I realize... it's not that big of a deal. (I repeat this several times, to help me believe it).
-Living life as an example of strength and stamina.  When it seems that I am running low on both strength & stamina, super dad comes in and saves the day.  In a single bound, helps to save this stay at home mom from times of distress or potential burn out.
-Darn good cook, and I don't mean the kind that microwaves his meals.  He is a true Dutch Oven wonder.  Go ahead, check our fridge for the sourdough start.
-Always patient, warm and sincere.  Our kids are drawn to him...I know this will come in handy in the "tween" years.
-Honest heart, if you don't know what this means, you don't know someone who is. 
-Can take a joke, make a joke, and laughs easily.
And he's smart enough to be a rocket scientist... what...he's smart, handsome, matches his clothes with ease & has a sense of  humor?? Are you sure he's an Engineer?
We love this big guy! Happy Father's Day, Scott.