Our 6 yrs old daughter will find out tomorrow if her hair is long enough to donate. I mentioned to her several months ago that Auntie Kris, my sister, has cancer and is now bald. We talked about what bald meant and I told her that some girls with long hair can give their hair to a company to help make wigs.
Recently Sperry surprised me, she wanted to donate her hair to help make a wig for someone. This is from a little girl who has always wanted long hair. She has learn how to style her own hair, many times having it look nicer than if I had done it that day. She can put it in ponytails, part it, and headbands. Everything but braids. And now, she wants to see if it is long enough to donate it.
That is very touching to me. Sometimes we need to give something of ourselves to give a little light to someone else. Sperry's sacrifice to her is something she is excited about. Giving with a happy heart, once again I am taught by someone in my house under the age of 11 years old. Auntie Kris, this story is for you, we love you.