Samples of Jacob's vocabulary sheet from school. He had to make his own definitions.
1-Concede: "Albert Einstein's rule: never concede and people will think you are smart."
2-Submissive: "Monks should be submissive, if not...run!"
3-Artisan: "Sign flippers are not called artisans."
4-Topography: "Use topography, you must (quote from Yoda)"
5-Scale: "Scales try to make us work out more."
6-Pride: "I give myself pride for doing this. The things I find pride in you would not."
7-Jubilant: "I am so jubilant about writing these sentences!"
During the middle school magazine drive I came into Jacob and Carter's room to tuck them into bed. Jacob said, "Wait! I'm trying to find a magazine for Carter." Carter says, "Jacob, I don't have any money and I'm not buying a magazine subscription from you, it's TOO expensive!" Gotta give Jacob credit for exploring all his options though. "Mom, don't you want another magazine subscription? It supports your son's school?"
More about the magazine drive: "they say to sell them to your friends. The problem is most of my friends are selling magazines!" After asking repeatedly for a left over hamburger. I said that we are no longer going to talk about the hamburger. Then Jacob said, "Mom, can I have that meat product that is between two sponge buns? I'd like the meat product between the two sponge buns…" "Mom, please give us some ice cream. You'll be the best mom in the world if you give us ice cream". (I agree to give one scoop). "WHAT one scoop?? You won't be the best mom until you give us two scoops. Then you'll be the greatest mom of all time". "Mom, we can't talk about that here. We have to go into the living room to talk about it. I asked him what he was trying to do that he needed to be in the living room. He replied, "to stall for more time." Another Jacob time saving tip: "You don't have to do you hair at all, tah dah! Then you'll have more time to get ready for school!"
