Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sperry, age 6 1/2


"I have started a new club. It is called the LOVE CLUB and I will be the President since I love love." With that, she chases her brothers trying to recruit members.   "I lifted up Fawna's front legs (our dog) and was trying to tickle her. Why isn't she laughing…and why don't dogs have lips?"  "My blanket was in the drying machine, Dad".  (Otherwise known as the dryer.) I suggested she try a cartwheel as fast as she could.  Sperry replied, "you mean at maximum speed?" Sperry, teasing Jacob "I think that deodorant is good.  I'm a fan of deodorant. Jacob, you can use Ranch Dressing to use as deodorant.  I'm going to put a sticker over the label and have it say deodorant." "If I had a piece of paper, I could write the number of people who are on the earth. Then I could write the number of the people in heaven.  When you are young, you know these things."  Followed up by the next day "I know how many cars there are in the whole world.  I'm young and know these things. When you are old, you do not."  In church today Sperry asked Scott how to spell the word g-i-v-e.  Next thing we know, before the service began, Sperry took the message back to Brother Chickering (one of her candy suppliers).  The note read, "give me candy".  She returned with a handful and a big smile. When Sperry was working on her 1st grade math homework, you were to draw a simple addition sentence and draw circles showing the amounts.  Sperry wrote: 47 + 72=121  I asked her how she got the number and she said, "I started on 47 and counted on my fingers up to 72." I told her she could keep the numbers under 10 and she said, "Mom, it's my homework, I can make it hard if I want to".  She was sitting by a calculator and I found out it helped her with her next sentence.  The sentence was 14 x 32...