Carter kid has had a birthday and is now 10 years old.
I can't believe it and I'm so proud of him. He's one of the happy and friendliest kids who is great at reading. He's read several thousand pages of books this year and continues to learn a video game like it's a priority. (which to him, it is).
For some reason it's a little hard for me to let go of all the organized games and theme parties. I realized he just wanted to have a fun time with 10 of his friends. So we had the trampoline, pogo stick, wii, a movie and basketball going. And I kept up with providing the snacks for these hungry boys. Instead of a cake, he wanted an ice cream sundae bar complete with strawberries, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream that squirts from a can. (mental note: you had to stop the squirts directly to the mouth). The party was so much fun, I wondered why I don't do this every year. At this age, I guess they don't need the themes so much and the cake that takes you over 3 hours to decorate. (unless you like doing that stuff of course).
He chose to have his birthday dinner at soup plantation because he loves it there. I had made a good old fashioned mom cake. You know the types of cakes your mom put together that didn't look all fancy, but did the job? I made a 9x13 and decided it looked like a Wii controller. With a few strokes of icing and copying a controller with the buttons, it was complete with a message at the bottom of the cake, "Wii love Carter". That made him very happy.
I love this sweet and caring boy. I know I'm getting mushy...but a very happy birthday to you Carter. We love you so much and are very happy you are a part of our family.