Tuesday, September 20, 2011

6MOV843...chapter two

Sorry, you might want to read chapter one first (scroll down) if you are a chronological person.

During our "no strings attached" trip to Colorado, we were taken with the beauty of the area. It's so pretty out here, I've seen more rain and lightning out here than I do in a year in California. It all started when we landed in at the Denver airport. The rental car we were assigned had California plates, the only Cali plates we saw on the lot. Our car's license plates read: "6MOV843"  What, we are a family of 6 (as long as the kids insist on keeping our dog.) And the letters "mov", well putting in context of the purpose of our trip...I thought it was so funny that it read "move". Now for the 8 in the plate, I can't make up any relevance. But the 43 were some of the house numbers we looked at (and live in, 14300) more about this later.


We asked our family to be prayerful during this trip. To see if we were to make a change, of everything. Once again prayers were answered unexpectedly, but clear. Turn by turn, in and out of neighborhoods, I was driving around without a map and with the kids in tow during Scott's interview.  While I was driving I had another impression come to mind, "this is where you will land." That thought brought a lot of peace and broke through the "what are we...crazy. To even consider this job that came out of the blue." thoughts. I felt happy, at peace, and considered how my kids would react to their new "hometown". The kids were so excited to talk about snow, skiing, and a new adventure, it took me by surprise. It was welcomed news and once again, peace came.

Later at dinner that night, Scott was excitedly talking of the possibility of working with this new company, Barber Nichols. He loved the projects they were working on, how he would be able to wear different hats in his responsibilities. And, the people, he couldn't wait to get to know the people who were so friendly and comfortable to talk with. The company is much smaller than the one we have been with for over 13 years. They employ 75 people and want to keep it small, private, and personal. Scott longed for less red tape in his current job, but he loved the people he worked with. This was going to be hard to leave all those friends who have taken care of us for so long. A family from Barber Nichols invited our family for dinner that night and they graciously answered all of our questions.

Scott called the new company, Barber Nichols, and accepted the job. He was to begin work in 3 weeks. We had no idea how much work was in store for us making it all happen.