Friday, December 06, 2013

Carter, age 12


Carter loves to play basketball, go camping (in any kind of weather), mountain bike, ski at warp speed, plays the clarinet, and is a great judge at our game, "drawing contest".  He's filled with funny sound effects and keeps us laughing with his sense of humor.  This year, he put in the miles: 15 mile hike over the divide, a 10 mile temple walk, and the big Mt Sherman hike over 14,000 feet in elevation.  This year, he received the Priesthood and serves as a Deacon. He is a "Star" scout and is preparing to earn his Eagle Scout award.

Carter and Scott: Cycling in Aspen.
  The kids were asking a lot about us having another child. They are very interested in all the toddlers at church.  When I told them that we have decided that 3 kids completes our family Carter said, "Then let's get someone who is like 15 yrs old. It will be like take and bake pizza...It's already made and they are wonderful."    

Carter and Sperry hanging with BYU's Cosmo
"Getting a scholarship to college is like getting a free brownie out of the oven of life".
Carter hunting for our dinner.  Actually, it's his shooting merit badge action shot.
During a dinner conversation said, "Mom's food tastes in music is like chicken in my mouth. The music is the chicken and my mouth is my mouth. I don't like chicken."  At a different dinner Carter said, "Mom, I don't like this food. I'm Japa-tairian. I like sushi and rice and seaweed, not this type of food.
Carter (far left) and Deacon Ensemble playing for the residents at the Assisted Living Facility