In a school project, Sperry described herself. "Hello my fellow humans. Right now you're probably wondering what we like to do. First, I would like to tell you my favorite things to do. I like soccer, volleyball, biking, skiing and painting. I think the most important people in my life are my parents. As a class (in school), we like to make new friends and learn things. My teacher is very nice, funny and awesome. That's why after the bell rings every day I give her a hug. Yep, that's right. I'm a hugger. Well, now I have to go, so I guess I'm saying goodbye. Before I leave I just want to tell you I'm very tall. I'm almost five feet! Ok, that's all. Goodbye everyone!"

Sperry was singing during breakfast. Carter said to her, "I'm going to make a tape of this and play it at your wedding reception." Sperry replied, "go ahead because the guy I marry would be going... 'oh yeah, cool song!' Besides,
I'm not going to thing about who I marry until I'm old enough to make
those types of decisions. Like maybe in college or I might wait till
I'm 50".
 |
| She makes shopping fun, even when they have run aground |
Sperry asked: "since Dad's birthday is on Black Friday... do you think his mom Grandma Sue missed all the shopping when Dad was born?" She joined me on our Black Friday adventures. We stood in line for shoes and great deals.
 |
| Sperry's volleyball team (right side, pink shorts, big grin) |
In a school paper, Sperry listed this insightful advice:
I think the best invention ever created was a hug.
The best thing I can do for a friend is to give them a hug.
The best thing someone has done for me was given me a hug.