Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Funniest

Sperry asked me,
"How come I am the funniest in our family?"
I replied,
"I don't know; but I was the funniest in my family."

For some reason, my kids love hearing stories about my childhood. Maybe because I had things happen that were too funny to believe. They love the story of when my dad found a horse in our backyard and I rode it bareback to "find it's owner". It ended up the horse was going too fast and I miss judged my landing, ouch! Or about the time I drove thru the car wash without stopping; I had on my new Doc Marten's and thought I was stepping on the brake. Then there is the story about raising money for camp with a neighborhood candy store on my front lawn. I was asked if I had a 'business license' by someone's mom (and she was being serious). All the lawn mowing experiences of cutting the hose, cable line, cover to the meter... Roller skating in our unfinished basement for hours listening to Donna Summer. Many of you know stories that I have been trying to forget. (Keri, please don't even approach my dating era.)

My point is: it's time for your family to know that you are the funniest. Tell them the things that will keep them laughing and you will see that they come back for their favorites.