Friday, April 13, 2012

Call for Mooosic

Music is always on background for me. During housework, writing on the blog, and I'm the one playing "name that tune" in restaurants and stores to the elevator music. So I thought to write you a little review of some of my current favorites of new albums or new groups I've just found (well, they are new to me).
Many of these songs I've included on the background music to this blog.
-Of Monsters and Men. This group's latest album is all great and it's an itunes bargain for $7.  If you are just joining us as a groupie, try the "little talk" or "lakehouse" song. It will give you a good flavor for this band.
-He is We. This new little group is squeeky clean (even their videos) and all about the feeling and innocence of love. They will be coming to Denver and since they appeal to the younger side of me, their concerts are about $12. How refreshing, I just pay by being the oldest there.  Check out "All about us" for a song sample.
-Jason Mraz. I wanna see him in Red Rocks and he's a little more expensive than the previous band mentioned, but you pay bucks for your own age group. His latest one I've found is "I wont give up on us". And of course he's got "lucky" and "beautiful mess" for me to enjoy.
-Brandon Flowers/Killers. Welcome to some good music here. He is an example that even us mormon's can rock it! Try: "all these things that I've done" and "crossfire".  His voice is going to get you moving, so wear your sweats and crank it.
It's not easy finding good songs with good words. Let me know if you have some keepers for me to venture a listen!!