Friday, April 13, 2012

Glowing and Growing

I've forgotten the feeling of being happily settled. Our life continues to move into a normal mode and I've missed it.  Hello, normal...my old friend. Please take a seat and stay a while.  I'm looking forward to spring, real spring. I'm not used to the temp gage jumping back and forth from the 80 degrees to major lightning and hail.  My mom keeps reminding me that this is what spring is, this weather is normal.  Ok, it's gonna be an adjustment but we are happy here.

Carter is ready to turn 11. Can you believe this wonder-boy is going to be 11?? He has so much potential and growing up. He is inviting some new friends for his "retro video game" party.  Some friends down the street have a flashback video game room in their basement and they are sooo nice to have a bunch of 11 years old boys be in heaven for a little while.

Sperry taught me yesterday about "growing and glowing".  This is what her wonderful teacher Mrs Thompson taught about how to respond to other's 2nd grade writings. "Growing" means to have some thoughts about ideas that someone will be able to grow from into a better writer. "Glowing" means to have some positive reviews and talk of the things you liked that they did. What type of a mother would I be to take this to heart and put the words growing and glowing into my mommy vocabulary.  Sperry continues to chase after that black and white ball in her favorite sport called soccer. It's so much fun to watch her on and off the field, making friends all the time.

Another new things is that we are settling into healthcare stuff.  I've found a fibro specialist that can help me achieve my new state of stable and normal. During our intro appt, I told him that I'd like to have the energy and strength to be more involved. He said something that really clicked with me, "It's great that you are willing to reach for more."  He understands the strength it takes to reach for more and be grateful for what you have.

Scott's job is going great! He is up for another patent and is sooo busy and loving it. This job has been something of a blessing that has helped our whole family leave our comfort levels and quickly fall in love with a new area, new friends...adding to those who will always be in our hearts.

Jacob is a calm collected middle schooler. He's enjoying the trumpet and is patiently waiting to get back on the football field. This will be the summer of flashy teeth because we are adding braces into his sweet smile. Watch out girls...this boy is not on the market yet. (till his mom says so).