Monday, April 28, 2014

2 year project, marked off the "to do" list and love it !!

his & her Family History fan charts, our family mantra also in family room (lots of family going on)
Completed wall project, whew!!
Close up of tiles
Tile project wall
After a lot of planning, figuring, visualizing (by me) and a lot of measuring, sawing, one broken finger, and tons of math (by Scott).... Our family room projects are complete.  On one wall, above our computer has His and Hers family history fan charts.  I need to have a reference point as I worked on our family lines.  Above the charts, is our own family mantra.  Then, the big finale on the other wall above the fireplace and TV.  30 frames, that include 4 tiles each, each tile has adhesive squares of scrapbook paper that I loved and went with the overall look and feel that I was going for. Mostly blue/grey, greens, creams, and yellows.  In the end, I wanted a wall that brightened and lightened up a room with a big focal point and showcases our family picture.  It took in total 2 years to complete, because we have life going on in between... but we hope to enjoy this for years to come. And best of all, we worked on this project together.