Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Perfect means complete

Last night Sperry and I went to a big, exciting, historical meeting together. We attended the LDS Women's Conference, which for the first time, invited all girls ages 8 and up.  This invitation included both of us.

It was incredible to sit with my daughter and sing together and listen together of counsel that was given for us by direction of the Holy Ghost.  So grateful for messages that spoke to my soul.  One speaker explained that in the Bible, when Jesus Christ spoke about being therefore perfect, the Greek translation of "perfect" means to be complete.

This helped me to see how Jesus Christ and his teachings can bring peace into my life. A feeling of being completed with a vision of who I am and how the Lord see's me.  The word complete speaks of love and how much the Lord loves each of us to give unto us things that will help us feel more complete, more whole.  It's a process and I am learning, but I'm grateful that the Savior sacrificed so much so that we can learn how to be complete and whole.  Another thing to celebrate around Easter, the gift of completion.