Friday, April 18, 2014

Spring: time of my renewal

re·new·al,  riˈn(y)o͞oəl/,  noun
the state of being made new, fresh, or strong again : 
the state of being renewed.
the action of extending the period of validity of a license, subscription, or contract.
an instance of resuming an activity or state 
after an interruption.
the replacing or repair of something 
that is worn out, run-down, or broken.
the state or process of being made spiritually 
new in the Holy Spirit.
    
There are many times in life when we are granted a chance to be more than we thought we could be.  A chance for more when it seems much has been taken. A chance to be renewed, recharged, replenished and for a body to be restored.  I am a witness that renewals exist, rebirth is possible, and the Lord has the power to heal.  Many times we think of the gift of healing as one that will replace weakness with strength and remove the obstacles from before our path.  However, many times we look only at the road ahead.  We forget to gratefully reflect on the path that we have journeyed on.  Though it encountered rocks, waves, and days of despair and frustration, many difficulties are needed to make us whole.  

I reflect on each of the past 10 years where health has become a great obstacle.  Pain and weakness that can bring you to your knees pleading our great God for relief and for assurance that this time has a purpose and that you truly are in His loving hands.  Noting the miracles that have brought brilliant light and hope and all the time teaching our children of things not of man that have been given.  I see a time of creation, reorganizing the chaos, and bringing to order the tabernacle of clay.  I see that strength is returning. I see that the murky mind is replaced with clarity.  I see that patience in trial is renewed and when a promise of healing is given in blessing with the power of the Priesthood, it is an opportunity to work for the realization of the blessing pronounced.  

Immediacy is not always prudent during the construction of renewal. Reorganizing the chaos within a body that has become an anomaly, is a process.  I wait in faith and continue to move forward to the promise of peace. I am sure that my health trials will continue to be trials, but I know the promise of strength replacing weakness is sure.  I will wait for the time of renewal to be complete and be grateful for each day that I see in this restoration.  I am grateful for the days of relief from pain.  I am grateful for the lesson that pain can be necessary in the process of health.  I am grateful for a loving God who is mindful of a mother trying to do her best to raise her children as a heritage to the Lord.   Reminds me of many years ago, I was promised that my health will not be a detriment to the raising of my children.  This brought peace to my heart, that my trials will not become the burden of my family.  And as we come to a new stage of healing during the health trials, I am grateful. I am grateful to return to a state of self. Grateful to continue growth into a person I hoped I could become. 
Grateful for this time of renewal.

We should send our roots deep into the soil of the gospel. We should grow, flourish, flower, and bear good fruit in abundance despite the evil, temptation, or criticism we might encounter. 
We should learn to thrive in the heat of adversity.