Several weeks ago we had a family night lesson about what our family is.
Each of us contributed a word that we wanted as a mantra.
Of course our family never looks like the "typical textbook" example. Being true to our crazy selves, this is what we came up with: be artistic, be smart, be a disciple, be happy, be true. Good words to live by, and a reminder for me to have a compass in my actions.
In my head, I saw a jumbled up frame with the same papers that are used on the tile project (it's in the same room as the mantle). I saw big bold words with a splash of fun and crazy. Adding fun and crazy would have needed a bigger frame, but definitely are additional meaning words for us. I could have also added: noisy, jokey, bikers, Fawna's family, independent, messy, clean, teens on board, outdoors crew, and crazy...oh wait I already said crazy. See how it is here?
![]() |
| Grab a nail and hang something meaningful on your wall, above your clock, above your computer. |
