This Title is a little deceiving. But, I'll share the story of how to dive in 5 minutes or less.
We were swimming with my fab friend Marschelle. Come to find out, she used to dive competitively and was giving a couple of girls pointers on the diving board. I'm not one to walk away from an opportunity for my kids to learn something else that I can't do... I asked her if she would help my kids in the "pointers" rotation for diving tips. That girl is part miracle worker...within minutes Sperry who had never done a "knee dive" before advanced from a knee dive into a beautiful dive from the diving board. I had to put my eyeballs back in my head and loved it so much. I asked if she would take a few minutes to help the boys. Jacob and Carter needed a little incentive so I offered them 30 minutes of "goody bucks" (thus the "diving for dollars tactic) that could be turned in for computer time as soon as we got home. They stood in line and they all can dive well from the diving board.
To be fair, the boys had a little previous training in diving from poolside, but I was so impressed.
Thanks to Margaret and the clan for helping us have a very fun summer outing and thanks to my miracle worker. And, one day I'll bring my camera to the pool to provide proof. Once again, my kids keep conquering my "mom aint good at this either" list. Hopefully they will complete the list, which is very long, before they leave the nest. On that day, with tissue in hand, I'll wave them goodbye knowing that they can do whatever they put their mind to. And that my kids have exceeded all my own list of shortcomings. (tissue, wipe tears away...those happy tears).